This Week's E-Edition
A split Dubuque County Board of Supervisors on Nov. 23 gave the director of the county health department the authority to spend up to $10,000 of allocated funds to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
LONDON — Pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca said Monday that late-stage trials showed its coronavirus vaccine was up to 90% effective, giving public health officials hope they may soon have access to a vaccine that is cheaper and easier to distribute than some of its rivals.
About 1 million Americans a day packed airports and planes over the weekend even as coronavirus deaths surged across the U.S. and public health experts begged people to stay home and avoid big Thanksgiving gatherings.
Iowans will be required to wear face coverings in indoor public spaces when they cannot socially distance starting Nov. 17, Gov. Kim Reynolds announced Monday night.
While Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds announced a statewide mask mandate on Monday night, a leading Dubuque County official said the county’s mandate — stricter in some respects than the governor’s — still will go into effect this week.
- Aquin sanitation volunteer says she wants to "give back" to the school
- Post 528 honors continuous members at Veteran's Dinner
- Ohnward Bank & Trust holds drive through Thanksgiving dinner
- Cougars conclude 6-3 season
- Cascade looks to hire more police officers to combat recent car thefts
- Small Business Saturday to be made virtual for 2020
- Effects of new mask mandate on Cascade businesses