Bernard Picnic set for this weekend
The annual Bernard Picnic is bringing two days packed with a variety of entertainment to town Friday and Saturday. The kitchen opens at 5 p.m. Friday, followed by the steer/heifer cattle show and the sheep show, both beginning at 6 p.m. The calf show features a bucket/bottle calf class, and the sheep show is an open class for all age groups including pre-school. Lambs will be provided for pre-schoolers to show.
Saturday festivities kick off with a 3-mile run at 8:30 a.m., with a $15 registration fee and registration beginning at 7:30 a.m. The schedule for the rest of the day is:
• 11 a.m. — parade
• 12:30-3 p.m. — games and inflatables
• 1 p.m. — Little League games
• 1:30 p.m. — kids pedal pull (Cascade FFA)
• 2 p.m. — bean bag tournament
• 3 p.m. — kids attendance prizes
• 3:30-5:30 p.m. — live music by Brendan Kueter
• 6 p.m. — adult attendance prizes
• 7-11 p.m. — live music from Catfish Murphy
Grand marshals for this year’s picnic are Robert and Carol Hutchins, Robert and Linda Kenneally, Frank and Darlene Conlan, Alan and Lois Gravel, and Leo and Inez Kinsella.